Read this blog post to find out how you can make your flyer grab attention from prospective customers.
In today’s busy marketplace, a flyer is an effective and cost-effective way to grab attention. But how do you make your flyer stand out from the crowd? Here are some easy-to-use, yet effective techniques that professional designers use to make a flyer unique and attention-grabbing.
- Write snappy headlines/titles: Use powerful words to make your flyer unusual, memorable or provocative. Try to include words like Finally, Now You Can, Easy, Discover, Proven, How To or Free in your title to make it catchy.
- Use striking and colourful graphics: One large image can have a better impact than several small images. Support your story or capture a mood by use a stunning photo or illustration. Your image should be the focal point of the flyer and should draw attention. Today, it’s very easy to purchase high-quality stock photos from the internet.
- State the benefits of your product/service: Avoid using words like Us, We, I or Our. Instead focus on the customer and use words like You or Your to bring in the perspective of the customer. Showcase the benefits of your product or service by using words like New, Gurantee, Save, Free or Results. Instead of long paragraphs, use short bulleted text and list out benefits in a separate box.
- Organize with borders, areas, boxes and contrasting colors: Don’t make your flyer crowded with graphics and wall-to-wall text. Include white space, borders, contrasting colors or boxes to make your flyer stand out and easy-to-read.
- Make points identifiable: Highlight the subtitles and titles in your flyer by using a bold font. Avoid using only capital letters, as they are difficult to read.
- Keep it simple: Use only two typefaces and align items in your flyer within a grid. Avoid printing margins. An ideal layout would be with 1/2″ margins on all the sides.
Ask someone else to proofread your work. Re-check the contact information that you have provided. Dial out the phone numbers on the flyer to make sure that it is correct. Type in the URL of the web addresses that you have provided.
- Offer discounts
To make your flyer an instant hit, you can include a coupon on the bottom of the flyer. State the limitations and deadlines of the offer. If you want to use a mail-in coupon, include areas for the mailing address and credit card information.