Earlier on, when the concept of outsourcing was in its nascent stage, businesses thought that only manufacturing work can be outsourced. Today, outsourcing has come a long way, with both small and large businesses outsourcing all kinds of business tasks overseas. Some companies even feel that everything, except for a company’s core skills can be outsourced. The following is a list of 5 frequently outsourced business tasks. Let’s explore these business tasks and understand why it makes sense to offshore them:
1. Customer Support: Customer support or phone support tops the list as the most outsourced business function. Companies in the US find that hiring, training, providing office space and paying taxes for American call center agents are very expensive, when compared to outsourcing to India. Moreover, Indian call center companies provide efficient 24/7 support at a fraction of the cost.
2. Accounting & Bookkeeping: Accounting is second on the list because it is integral for any type of business, but takes up too much of time. American businesses can easily and conveniently outsource bookkeeping or financial statement preparation to India, as Indians accountants are trained on the latest American accounting practices. Since accounting work is sensitive in nature, it is important that you choose a competent and qualified outsourcing company in India.
3. Web Design: Web designing is third on the list of the most frequently outsourced business task to India. It is a well- known fact that design teams in India are extremely skilled in using web design software. Indian design vendors even offer overseas companies with ready-made web design templates that can be customized according to personal preference. If you are short on time, cost or skilled designers, then outsourcing web design is the best way to get an attractive website.
4. Data Entry: Data entry tasks like scanning, indexing, order processing and cataloging are some of the most regularly outsourced data entry work to India. Data entry is one of the most easily outsourced work, as all you have to do is hire a team, give clear instructions and state you deadline. You can be sure that your work will be completed on time, within your budget and at a high accuracy rate. Indian data entry providers have secure web servers to ensure complete security of sensitive data.
5. Research and Development: Businesses today outsource almost every type of research and development work to India, such as market research, financial research, customer demographics and even pharmaceutical research. Indian research professionals are highly qualified and trained in using the latest research tools and methodologies. Companies prefer to outsource research services to India, as if done in-house, research work can take up a lot of effort, time and cost.
Some of the other services that are outsourced to India include, Tax Preparation, Manufacturing, Computer Programming, Legal Services, Creative Services, Healthcare Services and Engineering Services. Now that you are aware of the most commonly outsourced business tasks to India, what would you prefer to outsource?