Weighing the advantages against the disadvantages of using CAD for your designs can give you a clear picture if you should use CAD for your business.
CAD or computer-aided design is a creative design process that is carried out by using a computer. The CAD design program is widely used for precise technical drawings. For the design to be precise, CAD requires a combination of tools and mathematical equations. For a person who is not trained in the usage of CAD, it is difficult to get started. This is where outsourcing CAD services can help. Before you outsource CAD services, you may want to weigh the advantages against the disadvantages of using CAD.
Let us first look at the advantages:
Advantages of using CAD
- Save on time: When you start to use CAD, you will be able to save on time, as you can make better, efficient and more precise designs within a short time span. This will give you more time to focus on the other aspects of your business.
- Decrease in the design effort: When you use CAD, you will find that the amount of effort that is required for designing different models will be reduced to a vast extent, as the CAD software has the capability to automate most of the tasks.
- Easy to edit: When you are creating designs, you may find the need to make changes. With the CAD software, it will be very easy to make changes because you uickly fix the errors and even modify your drawings without starting from scratch.
- Decrease in the error percentage: Since the CAD software makes use of some of the best tools; the percentage of error that occurs due to manual designing is drastically reduced.
- Easy to share: The tools within CAD make it very simple to save files and store it in such a way that you can use it over and over again and even share it without facing any hassles.
- Increased accuracy: The kind of accuracy that the CAD software will offer you can never be achieved with manual drawings. CAD has specific tools to measure the skill, precision and accuracy level of a design, thereby giving you an improved level of accuracy.
- Re-use code: By using the CAD software, you can copy different parts of the code and design, which you can reuse over and over again for several other designs. You will not have to worry about duplication of a design, as the CAD software will keep a track for this.
The disadvantages of using CAD are as follows:
Disadvantages of using CAD
Some of the disadvantages of using CAD are:
- Your designs in CAD could be lost if there is a sudden breakdown of your computer system.
- Your CAD designs will be prone to viruses if adequate measures are not taken
- If the right security measures are not taken, your CAD designs can be hacked.
- It may take several weeks or months to get to know how to operate the CAD software accurately
- Purchasing CAD or updating it every now and then can be expensive
- After purchasing the CAD software, you will have to offer training to your resources before they use it
- You will need to regularly update the CAD software and the operating system
When you outsource CAD service, most of the above disadvantages will be overruled. For starters, you will not have to worry about loss of data as your outsourcing provider would have already taken stringent security measures to protect data loss. You will not have to worry about hacking or viruses with strong data security measures in place. Through outsourcing, you will not have to learn how to operate CAD or train resources to use it. While you focus on your core business, you can get trained CAD experts to work for you. The next bonus would be that you would not have to purchase CAD or update the software at regular intervals. This will be taken care of by the outsourcing provider. At Outsource2india, we offer a host of CAD conversion services that can be customized to meet the unique needs of your business. Why not get started with CAD conversion services right away?
Did you like reading this post? Do you think it is more advantageous to switch to CAD when it comes to your designs? Let us know what you think by leaving a comment in the box below. We, at Outsource2india love to hear from you!
Interested to know more?
Latest posts by Editor (see all)
- Top 4 Types of Forensic Accounting Services - December 10, 2021
- What is Better, Jackson Hewitt or H&R Block? - December 3, 2021
- The Future of Digital Marketing: What’s New in 2022? - November 19, 2021
Thanks a lot for sharing the post. Really helpful. Also, can you suggest a CAD software that might be good for civil engineering projects?