Ok, you have already found a reliable outsourcing vendor and have signed the contract, so what the next step? Well, the next step is to continue to maintain an healthy relationship with your offshore partner. Here are a few suggestions that can aid you in nurturing a good relationship with your vendor.
- Make sure that all the deals are put down in writing, so as to avoid future misunderstandings
- The outsourcing relationship is similar to the relationship between partners, so approach the relationship as if it were a partnership
- Ensure that you insist on the things that you need
- Remembering that the outsourcing relationship is not a master-slave relationship can go a long way in keeping the relationship with your vendor “healthy”
- During the course of the project make sure that your outsourcing partner understands more about your business
- Hold regular meetings/discussions with your outsourcer so that you don’t miss out any of the issues/problems that your vendor is facing
- Assign a couple of employees who would only be in-charge of managing the outsourcing relationship. Make them in-charge to resolve any of the difficulties that your offshore partner might be facing
- Review problems and discuss performance and expectations on a periodic basis. Holding quarterly reviews can also ensure that your partner is able to understand your requirements
I hope the above steps can ensure that you and your offshore partner have a good outsourcing relationship. If you would like to add to this list or would like to comment on this entry, please feel free to leave a comment.