If you are considering on whether outsourcing your call center is the right thing to do, read on to find out the top five reasons why you must outsource your customer support.
Staying focused on your core competencies, can often leave you without time to handle your call center operations, be it live chats, emails or calls. This is where outsourcing call center functions can help. If you were to establish a contact center, you would have to make major investments in terms of equipment, facilities and technology – not to mention the extra time, cost and energy that you would have to invest for training and regular operations.
A cost benefit analysis will show you that your organization can manage costs better and improve customer satisfaction at the same time by outsourcing. Here are 5 reasons to convince you to outsource your call center.
1. Minimized costs: An in-house call center would require heavy investments for staffing, facilities, operations and equipment. By outsourcing, you will only have to pay for the services required on a per-hour or transactional basis. Since agents are often shared with multiple clients, you can leverage a low cost-per-call rate.
2. Better flexibility and scalability: Since call volumes often rise and fall, your in-house call center will face these fluctuations, when agents will be idle. Outsourcing on the other hand can reduce the severity of call fluctuations with multiple clients and also reduce the cost-per-call. An outsourced call center also has the size and staff to quickly ramp-up in case of a volume spike.
3. Access to specialized industry knowledge: A professional call center company will have in-depth understanding of the call services required by different industries. Through outsourcing you can tap into proven strategies and valuable insights, which will only come from years of extensive experience. Your customer support is sure to benefit from specialized industry knowledge. Continue reading →
Have you just outsourced call center services and have been worried about managing an outsourced customer support team? How do you make the most of outsourcing and make your outsourcing venture a sure success? Here are 5 great tips that you can use to effectively manage an offshore call center team and double your ROI at the same time:
1. Set out clear objectives
Be firm and specific while spelling out your customer support objectives and tell the vendor what you mean to accomplish by outsourcing. Set up a meeting with your internal team and chart out a plan defining your criteria for success, the systems required to measure the performance and how such metrics should be applied to optimize seamless call center operations. Insist on the vendor providing you with better customer care and social media engagement.
2. Search for the right operations manager
Ensure that the operations manager you hire has great organizational and time management skills. He/she must also possess a minimum amount of experience to efficiently handle call center operations. Here is why these skill sets are of utmost importance:
Organizational skills: Your manager has to be completely focussed, highly organized and an efficient multi-tasker as he/she will need to manage a long list of tasks, such as staffing the account, managing a team of agents, solving technology issues, working with the client, addressing the workflow and monitoring customer cases.
Experience: Experience is important as the manager should set the tone for the team and lead them. He/she must be conscious of the big picture view of program operations and should be able to accurately assess and improve the team’s performance. Such attributes can only be gained through experience.
Time management skills: In the customer support world, every second matters. Calls are measured in seconds and operators are paid by the hour. The manager whom you hire must ensure that all the agents confirm to the schedule, prioritize tasks, work productively and focus on accomplishing measurable goals.
3. Build up an effective team
In order for your customer support team to run efficiently, you will need brand care specialists who can align your program with your brand. Ensure that there is perfect alignment between the supervisors, representatives, senior management, operations manager and the stakeholders.
Form a team with a core of experienced customer support agents who know about call centres, the culture and who can help in mentoring new agents. Only hire agents with the right skill sets and attitude. Finally provide intensive training to your team that will enable them to impart product/service knowledge in a quick and efficient manner. If possible also include subject matter experts in your team, as they can guide the team in up-selling and cross-selling products. Continue reading →
The information on this website is protected by copyright. Users of this website are not authorized to redistribute, reproduce, republish, modify, or make commercial use of the information without the written authorization of Flatworld Solutions Pvt. Ltd. We are committed to the prevention of copyright infringement.