Did you know that the biggest struggle that small business owners face is that they try to wear too many hats? As a small business owner, you immediately take on the responsibility of managing over 10 to 15 jobs at once, without the time to focus on each job. If this is the current situation of your small business, then you may not want to operate this way for too long, as you can end up with a burnout.
Try to consider what non-core tasks you can outsource. This will help you stop doing the things that you don’t like doing and it will also free up your time to focus on the jobs that you are really good at, like selling and closing business deals. Leveraging the talents of others is smarter than trying to do it all in-house. After all, it is your time that is the most valuable asset in your small business. If you don’t know which tasks to outsource, then read on to know more about the top five tasks that you can consider outsourcing:
1. Bookkeeping: Did you know that bookkeeping is the number one task that most small business owners neglect and struggle with? Do not allow this to happen to your business. By knowing how well your business performs on a monthly basis, you can easily make adjustments. Availing the services of a seasoned bookkeeping can give you access to up-to-date financial information, that you can use while taking critical decisions. Moreover, a professional bookkeeper can do your work much faster and more accurately than you can. Bookkeeping services from a professional accountant can help you stop getting your bookkeeping done for the year only at tax time.
2. Payroll: Unless you are running an accounting firm, you should not be performing your own payroll. Apart from inaccuracies and time delays, you can also get in trouble with the IRS for not paying your payroll taxes properly. But with an outsourcing service provider handling your payroll, you can be assured that you and your staff will not have to face any issue, during the income tax season. With experts handling your payroll, you can be sure that your company is in sync with local, state and federal tax laws.
3. Social media marketing: There are specialists in India who can develop the right social media strategy, create the content and then socially promote it for your company. If you were to do this in-house, it could rob you of time and effort. Moreover, you may not be able to consistently do it. But, by outsourcing social media marketing, you can be sure to see results within a short time frame. All you have to do is educate the service provider about your product/service and leave the rest in their capable hands.
4. Administrative support: Do you often see yourself wishing for an extra pair of hands that can deal with the several mundane tasks that crop up in a day? If yes, then it’s now possible for you to borrow an extra pair of hands by hiring a virtual assistant to handle the routine tasks in your business. A virtual assistant from India can help you with anything and everything from emailing newsletters to maintaining your blog, booking your travel or even scheduling your tasks for the day. Copy editing, invoicing, voicemail, bookkeeping and receipt management are some of the other tasks that a virtual assistant can help you with.
5. Marketing: As you might already know, your marketing efforts are directly linked to your sales results. This being said, if you are too busy running your small business, then your marketing efforts is bound to suffer. However, this need not be the case with outsourcing. Specialized marketing service providers can help your small business market your website, conduct email campaigns, promote your brand on social media and even handle direct inquiries. They can also help you develop an effective media pitch that can help you get better sales.
Now that you have an idea about what to outsource, why not outsource right away and give yourself a break? Outsource two or three of the above tasks and experience the freedom and cost savings that comes with outsourcing.
What non-core business tasks would your small business consider outsourcing? Post your comments in the box below. We, at Outsource2india love to hear from you!
Interested to know more?