Find out about the Types of Data Processing available and which method is best suited for your enterprise.
Data processing refers to the conversion of raw data into useful information through a process which is known as data processing. There are several methods and techniques which can be adopted for processing of data, depending on the software/hardware capability, time constraint and available technology.
Enterprises require data processing, in order to convert raw data into useful information in the appropriate form. When it comes to the different types of data processing available, your business can choose from manual data processing, mechanical data processing or electronic data processing.
- Manual data processing – In this type of data processing, the data is processed manually without the use of any electronic device or machine. The process is slow and less reliable, with the chances of errors being high. If you were to opt for this method, you would require a large manpower, depending on the data that is required for processing.
- Mechanical data processing – In this method, the data is processed by using very simple devices like a type writer or calculator. This method, when compared to manual data processing is more reliable and time saving. However, the output can still be very limited. Any other mechanical device which facilitates data processing can be considered under this category.
- Electronic data processing – This method is fast, reliable and accurate. Computers are used to process data in electronic data processing. The manpower required is minimal. The processing is error-free as it is done through various programs and by using a pre-defined set of rules. Processing of a large amount of data with high accuracy is possible only with electronic data processing.
The electronic data processing system is computerized and is designed to improve quality and maximize productivity. Data is processed using three stages. In the first stage, the collected data is inputted into the system (keyboarding or uploading). In the second stage, the data is manipulated and in the third stage the processed data is outputted.
Which type of data processing to choose?
When it comes to accuracy and efficiency, there is no better method than electronic data processing. Your data can be quickly processed without errors. By using this method, you can also store large amounts of data in a form that is easily retrievable. In manual data entry, there is always the chance of repeated entries. However, with electronic data processing, such mistakes can be completely eliminated. Another big advantages is that this type of data processing requires less human intervention. That means, you would be hiring fewer executives. You can also successfully reduce the cost of managing data.
Find out how to tap into the advantages of data processing today and save on cost, time and effort.
Got a query on data processing or how outsourcing data processing works? Simply leave your questions in the comments box below. The team at Outsource2india will answer you. We love to hear from you!
Interested to know more?
- India Offers Low Cost Data Processing Services
- Improve Quality & Eliminate Errors Through Data Enrichment
Latest posts by vinita (see all)
- 3 Points to Consider When Writing a Product Description - December 8, 2017
- What Are the Advantages of Outsourcing Teleradiology? - December 1, 2017
- In-house Vs Outsourcing SAP Support: Which Should You Choose? - November 24, 2017