Wondering how outsourcing will turn out this year? Find out more about how centralized technology will be used and business processes will be streamlined in 2017.
There was a plethora of technological advances in outsourcing last year. How is outsourcing going to turn out in 2017? Will more virtual employees be employed? Will the “Cloud” still be a big deal? Who will be the key business enablers? Read this blog post to find out what path outsourcing will take in 2017.
- Outsourcing vendors will be key business enablers – In a recent global outsourcing survey conducted in 2016, customers revealed that they expected more innovative services from their outsourcing vendors. More and more enterprises are opting for outsourcing not just for low cost benefits, but also for the other value-added services that outsourcing offers. To keep up with these expectations, outsourcing providers will level up their services and focus more on value-add and innovative services. In 2017, Service Level Agreements or SLAs will become an absolute-must before the commencement of a new project. Drafting out an SLA will be a good way to for both parties to set their expectations on a project.
- Surge in virtual employees – Advances in technology have made it easier and possible for freelancers and outsourcing providers to work from a remote location. 2017 will see an increase in virtual agents, with the ample availability of several real-time monitoring and project management software. Virtual employees and offshore outsourcing will be the go-to option for enterprises because if offers flexibility for extended hours, better productivity improvement, and low costs. Outsourcing partners working in different time zones will no longer be an issue.
- IT delivery systems will be centralized – In the year of 2016, there was an increase in the focus on streamlined business processes. 2017 will see more business owners shifting from outsourcing to multiple vendors to just one single dedicated partner. There will be a centralization of IT systems that will pave the way to standardization, increase in productivity, cost reduction, higher quality and better efficiency.
- Increase in the use of the Hybrid Cloud – In 2016, cloud technology was introduced. This year, there will be more usage of the cloud in business processes, especially in the Hybrid Cloud. This is an integrated Cloud service that uses both private and public clouds to easily access business functions. Industry experts have predicted that by 2018, more than 50% of IT service providers will utilize cloud-based technology, while the remaining will use cloud platforms.
2017 does seem to be a promising year for the outsourcing industry. Would you consider outsourcing? If not, why? Let us know your standpoint on outsourcing in the comments box below. We, at Outsource2india love to hear from you!
Are you aware about the different types of services that can be outsourced? Check out the services that can be conveniently outsourced, while you focus more on your core business functions.
Interested to know more?
Latest posts by vinita (see all)
- 5 Reasons Why You Should Outsource Helpdesk Support - April 21, 2017
- Why Consider Property Management? - April 14, 2017
- 4 Essentials of a Product Label - April 7, 2017